December marks soup season! And what better way to take advantage of our winter foods by trying this pumpkin soup recipe. It's both healthy and delicious!
2 cups pumpkin puree (made from 2 small pumpkins)
1 carrot, diced
1 onions, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups vegetable broth
2 Tbsp honey
1/4 tsp salt, black pepper, cinnamon, nutmeg (each)
1 Tbsp olive oil
1. In a saucepan cook the olive oil, onion, and garlic until lightly brown.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Pour the mixture in a blender and blend until it becomes a puree
4. Continue cooking in the saucepan for 5-10 minutes.
5. Season to taste and enjoy.
Serves: 4 (cup) // Calories per serving: 150 calories