Holiday parties? Well NutriWorks has got you covered with some tips to control your eating without breaking your diet!
During the day
- Stay in shape: Wake up early and squeeze in a morning jog on the treadmill to burn last night’s plate of pasta!
- Don’t skip meals: Even if you are going to a big dinner, don’t skip meals and arrive hungry. Eat balanced meals throughout the day.
Eat this for a light lunch: Quinoa Salad
At the party
- Control holiday snacking: Take care with the snacks and appetizers such as the cheese plate, mini pizza, charcuterie and nuts!
- Sip Smart: Choose low calorie drinks when ordering, and try to limit to 1-2 drinks. Sip on sparkling water in between and spend your time socializing!
Eat this for an appetizer:
- Raw cut vegetables with fresh tomato salsa dip
- Grilled Shrimp Cocktails with avocado dip
- Grilled Zucchini Rolls stuffed with red peppers and spices
The big meal
- Grilled fish, turkey or chicken breast is always healthiest meat choices, and it’s best to eat them with as little sauce and stuffing as possible.
- Choose salad or grilled vegetables as sides. These also add healthy variety at the dinner table.
- Exercise portion control especially with all the carbs like potatoes, rice and bread rolls.
Try this for a healthy side:
- Grilled Green beans with herbs
- Grilled mushroom with coriander and garlic
- Roasted carrots with rosemary and a honey glaze
We can’t resist the signature bouche de noel! If you’re tempted by dessert just take a bite to taste- Think Small!
Indulge in this for a sweet tooth: