Try out this twist on a crumble recipe with our favorite summer fruits: cherries
3 cups fresh cherries pitted
2 Tbsp granulated sugar
1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup flour (whole-wheat)
1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats (not instant)
1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon canola oil
2 tablespoon orange juice
2 tablespoon chopped almonds
1- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
1. Mix the sugar and corn starch in a small bowl.
2. In another medium bowl, mix the lemon juice, cherries and vanilla. Add the corn starch/sugar mix evenly covering the cherries and transfer all to a baking pan.
1. Mix the flour, brown sugar, orange juice, and canola oil in a food processor.
2. Transfer mix to a medium bowl and add the oats, and cinnamon. Use your hands to make large crumbs.
3. Spread the crumble toppings evenly over the cherries. Sprinkle with the almonds. Bake uncovered for 30-40 minutes or until topping is golden brown and cherry juices is bubbling on the side.
4. Leave to cool for 15 min to thicken the juice before serving.
Serves: 6 // Calories per serving: 180
Author: Massar Dabbous